Monday 8 February 2010

Entry 12 -background research

During the process of interviewing my client, I also did some background research.
I analysed a variety of different music videos on youtube and noted down general specifications that I observed, which I could incorporate into my video:
- parallel narratives/action --> the video switched from clips of the singer(s) actually singing to a story linked to the song's lyrics/meanings being shown with the song playing.
-switching scenes
-transitions (fade, wipe, dissolve)
-establishing shots to give an idea of location to audience
- different colours (eg black and white) to suggest contrast and 'replay events'
- processes captured throughout video (getting ready, playing in concert, zoom in of singing)

I also met with my primary client, and together we laid out some basic project objectives.
1} The video would switch between the artist and a more symbolic representation of the narrative.
2) The music video would use colour symbolism to create meaning for the audience.
3) I would carefully consider the mise-en-scene for the different shots to directly link it back to the lyrics of the song.
4) As far as advertising, which would be the website, I would include a picture of the artist (me) and consider the effect of written codes on audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment